We published the 5th episode of English4Gamers. Here you can find the episode with a vocabulary list and interactive quiz:
If you want to watch the episode without taking the quiz: Richard Retro . I suggest that before watching it you read the vocabulary list:
In this episode, we continue playing Street Fighter II. At the beginning, there is a vocabulary list with all the words you will hear and maybe you don’t know. During the episode, you will have to answer some questions. If you have any suggestions, write them in the comments below ;-). If you just want to watch the video, without testing your knowledge, click here: Richard Retro Channel
In this episode, we play again Super Mario Bros. At the beginning, there is a vocabulary list – you can find a printable version below -with all the words you will hear and maybe you don’t know. During the episode, you will have to answer some questions. If you have any suggestions, write them in the comments below. I know I have to speak louder ;-). We filmed this weeks ago, now I’m a bit better (at least, I hope so). If you just want to watch the video, without testing your knowledge, click here: Episode without the quiz.
Downloadable PDF – Vocabulary list: Vocabulary list – English4Gamers – Episode 3 – Super Mario Bros
In this episode, we are going to play Street Fighters II Turbo, another retro game. At the beginning of the video, you will learn some words you may not know. Then, while watching the episode, you will have to answer to some questions. I hope you will like it ;-).
If you just want to watch the video, without the quiz, you can watch it here:
Words you will hear and you may not know:
Watch the first episode of English for gamers and fill in the gaps with the missing words
- A: You are the good gamer […] you __________________.
- A: He ____________________ . I _____________ like ten times.
- R: I didn’t get the ____________ score. That’s ________.
- A: So, this is a _________ of cake.
- R: With the flower you can _________________ fire.
- R: You have ____________ the second controller.
- R: Can you say it? Restart? That ____________ like Richard.
- R: You are too ____________ you can’t break it _____________ now.
- A: I _____________ my ________________. […] I would like you _____________ me when there is a mushroom somewhere maybe.
- R: Time is running ___________.
- A: These creatures are blue. What’s the __________________?
- R: There is no light so it’s all in ___________________.
- R: On the sides of the ______________ the game doesn’t exist. So if you go ____________________, you can’t go back.
- R: How do you say it? The ______________ on the back of the turtles?
- A: You _______________________ fun of me.
- A: Okay guys, __________ _____ it for today. So … See you next week!
Downloadable PDF file: Episode 1 – English4Gamers – Fill in the gaps
Answers: Episode 1 – English4Gamers – Fill in the gaps – Answers
Can you spot all the mistakes?
- I am the good gamer and I play with good character.
- It don’t work.
- If you are talking to me, then I got distracted.
- A turtle on a cloud that trow another turtle.
- There is one that have a coins.
Write a comment below with all the mistakes you can find and I will tell you if you are right!
Downloadable PDF file: Can you spot all the mistakes?
You can find a vocabulary list below the video 😉 (you can download it as PDF file).
- Gamer => a person who plays games and especially video or computer games.
- Fake => not real, but made to look or seem real.
- Score => the number of points someone gets in a game or test.
- A piece of cake => something that is very easy to do.
- To configure => to arrange or prepare (something) so that it can be used
- Controller => a device or piece of equipment used to operate a machine, vehicle, or system.
- To restart (that sounds like Richard ahahahh) = to make (something) start again after it has stopped.
- Mushroom =>
- To run out => to finish; to come to an end.
- Darkness => a state in which there is little or no light.
- Brick =>
- Quote => to repeat (something that is written or said by another person) exactly.
- Screen => the part of a television or computer that shows images or writing.
- To cheat => to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something.
- Spike => a long, thin rod that ends in a point and is often made of metal.
- To skip => to not do something that you usually do.
Vocabulary list first episode English4Gamers (in English)
Lista dei vocaboli inglese-italiano primo episodio English4Gamers
- Can you say “restart” in English?
Yes, you totally can ;-)!
- How do you pronounce “delete”?
You say it like this : /dɪˈliːt/