– If you heat water, it boils.
– If babies are hungry, they cry.
– There are few jobs for young people if the economy is bad.
– If you visit me, I’ll take you to Venice.
– If the weather is fine, we will go on a trip.
– If mum is at home, she’ll make a delicious pizza.
– If Peter had a bike, he would ride it every day.
– If Emily got up early, she would be in time for school.
– Sally wouldn’t buy a car unless she needed it.
– If dad had let me go to the party, I would have been very happy.
– If I had seen Hellen, I would have given her your message.
– If it had snowed, we would have gone skiing.
Downloadable PDF file (without answers): Test your knowledge of present and past tenses – Intermediate level
Downloadable PDF file (answers): Test your knowledge of present and past tenses – Intermediate level – ANSWERS
Can you spot all the mistakes?
- I am the good gamer and I play with good character.
- It don’t work.
- If you are talking to me, then I got distracted.
- A turtle on a cloud that trow another turtle.
- There is one that have a coins.
Write a comment below with all the mistakes you can find and I will tell you if you are right!
Downloadable PDF file: Can you spot all the mistakes?
Fill in the gaps with the past simple or past continuous form of the verbs in brackets
I ______________ (walk) home when I ______________ (meet) Maria.
John __________________ (wait) for me when I ________________ (arrive).
I haven’t seen Andrew for ages. When I last _________________ (see) him, he ___________________ (try) to find a job in Dublin.
He _________________ (read) the newspaper when the phone _______________ (ring).
I _________________ (make) a sandwich when Mike _______________ (arrive).
We ________________ (not go) out because it ________________ (rain).
When I was young, I _____________ (want) to be a doctor.
He usually wears sandals but when I last ______________ (see) him he _________________ (wear) boots.
My brother ______________ (see) you in the park two days ago. You__________________ (play) football with Stuart.
While I _________________ (work) in the garden, I _________________ (hurt) my back.
1) was walking; met.
2) was waiting; arrived.
3) saw; was trying.
4) was reading; rang.
5) was making; arrived.
6) didn’t go; was raining.
8) saw; was wearing.
9) saw; were playing.
10) was working; hurt.