In this episode, we play again Super Mario Bros. At the beginning, there is a vocabulary list – you can find a printable version below -with all the words you will hear and maybe you don’t know. During the episode, you will have to answer some questions. If you have any suggestions, write them in the comments below. I know I have to speak louder ;-). We filmed this weeks ago, now I’m a bit better (at least, I hope so). If you just want to watch the video, without testing your knowledge, click here: Episode without the quiz.
Downloadable PDF – Vocabulary list: Vocabulary list – English4Gamers – Episode 3 – Super Mario Bros
You can find a vocabulary list below the video 😉 (you can download it as PDF file).
- Gamer => a person who plays games and especially video or computer games.
- Fake => not real, but made to look or seem real.
- Score => the number of points someone gets in a game or test.
- A piece of cake => something that is very easy to do.
- To configure => to arrange or prepare (something) so that it can be used
- Controller => a device or piece of equipment used to operate a machine, vehicle, or system.
- To restart (that sounds like Richard ahahahh) = to make (something) start again after it has stopped.
- Mushroom =>
- To run out => to finish; to come to an end.
- Darkness => a state in which there is little or no light.
- Brick =>
- Quote => to repeat (something that is written or said by another person) exactly.
- Screen => the part of a television or computer that shows images or writing.
- To cheat => to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something.
- Spike => a long, thin rod that ends in a point and is often made of metal.
- To skip => to not do something that you usually do.
Vocabulary list first episode English4Gamers (in English)
Lista dei vocaboli inglese-italiano primo episodio English4Gamers
- Can you say “restart” in English?
Yes, you totally can ;-)!
- How do you pronounce “delete”?
You say it like this : /dɪˈliːt/