The 10th episode of English4Gamers is out! In this episode, we keep playing Doom (1993), a science fiction horror-themed first-person shooter videogame by id Software. As always, I suggest that you read the vocabulary list before watching the episode. There is also a fill in the gaps exercise (with downloadable version and answers) to test your listening comprehension.
- TO PICK UP: to take hold of and lift up.
- AHEAD: in or toward the front.
- KEY CARD: a plastic card, similar to a credit card, containing data on an embedded magnetised strip that can electronically unlock a door, activate a machine, etc.
- ON PURPOSE: in a way that is planned or intended.
Downloadable PDF version: English4Gamers Episode 10 – Doom – Vocabulary
Fill in the gaps in the following sentences with the correct words from the box
- Richard: And today we ______________ playing Doom.
- Richard: We ______________two new weapons.
- Richard: So … Try this weapon. If you don’t like it, you ______________ to the
- Richard: You see? They’re __________ you.
- Anna: I feel so ______________ with this gun.
- Richard: You can’t go here because you need a blue ______________.
- Richard: Go ______________ and turn right.
- Anna: Just because I have this gun, not because I’m good ______________.
- Richard: Okay, let’s use the _____________ instead.
- Anna: Come on! You want to die. Noooooo … Use the other one, don’t be ______________.
- Richard: There is a ______________ over here, a red button.
- Anna: It’s ______________. Where is the light switch?
Downloadable PDF version: English4Gamers – Episode 10 – Doom – Fill in the Gaps Ex.