Maggie Simpson in “The Longest Daycare”
DAYCARE: a place, program, or organization that takes care of children or sick adults during the day usually while their family members are at work.
SCREENING: the testing or examining of a large number of people or things for disease, faults, etc.
PROBING: to ask a lot of questions in order to find secret or hidden information about someone or something.
LOUSE (Plural => LICE): a type of small insect that lives on the bodies of people or animals.
TODDLER: a child who has only recently learnt to walk.
Watch the video then answer the following questions:
- Before entering, Maggie tried to catch:
– a ladybug
– a butterfly
– a dragonfly
- Marge has left Maggie at the daycare. How was she feeling in that moment:
- What did Maggie leave in the box?
– a ball, a set of keys, and a pacifier.
– a set of keys, a doll, and a pencil.
– a set of keys, a pacifier, and a blue bow.
- Did Maggie end up in the gifted area?
– Yes, she did.
– No, she didn’t.
- Maggie tried to get some paints, what colours did she get?
– yellow and black
– brown and white
– grey and black
- Another toddler scared her. He was hitting butterflies with
– a box
– a hammer
– his hand
- Maggie tried to save:
– a warm
– a snake
– a caterpillar
- The scary child was chasing Maggie. What did stop him at first?
– a teacher
– a toy train
– an animal
- What did Maggie try to do right after that?
– to use the telephone
– to hide from the scary child
– to hit the other child
- In the room full of children on their walkers, what did Maggy break?
– a window
– a balloon
– a vase
- Who was playing the drums?
– a child
– a bear
– a monkey
- How did Maggie manage to save the butterfly?
– she put the butterfly in her pocket
– she swapped the butterfly with her blue bow.
– she threw the butterfly out of the window