Based on: McCarthy, M. O’Dell, F. (2008), Collocations in use, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Examples from the web:
- I got interested in comic books at the age of 14. (Informal)
- I became interested in linguistics after high school. (formal)
- Disabled people are becoming angry at the lack of attention that they get.
- Because of Tom, Mary has become depressed.
- During the military conflict in Darfur about 200 000 people have perished, and 2.5 million of the province’s people have become homeless.
- The tickets sold out long before the team became popular.