Other words you may not know:
- Item: an individual thing.
Ex. An item of clothing.
An item of furniture.
- To resettle: to begin to live in a new area after leaving an old one; to settle again.
Ex. The only way to resettle a Mexican family here is by granting them political asylum.
Watch the video, then try to fill in the gaps in the following sentences:
- We give them as much ______________ as we can that they need, depending on how many people are in the house.
- We give them ______________, and stoves if they are needed.
- We’d been able to work with these _________________.
- They come ___________ to our houses, meet our parents, meet our kids.
- They feel that they have a sense of family _____________ because most of these families have been _________________.
Downloadable PDF file: Michigan Resident Helps Syrian Refugees Settle In – Listening Activity
Downloadable PDF file: Michigan Resident Helps Syrian Refugees Settle In – Listening Activity – answers